Setting the time
• Once you receive your Londonetti watch please remove the plastic protective film from the lens and the caseback, and pull out the plastic stopper from the crown to allow the watch to begin running.
• Gently pull the crown out and away from the case. Turn the hands clockwise to set the time and then push the crown back in normal to its normal running position.
• When the crown is pulled away from the case, you may notice some movement in the minute hand as you move the watch. Please note that this is expected behaviour and when the crown is pushed back into the case, it re-engages with the movement and will lock the hands back into position.
• To clean your watch please use a soft, clean and lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or water from the case and crystal.
• Londonetti use the best plating methods available, however due to the nature of plating this can wear off over time, especially when it comes into contact with body creams and perfumes etc. To keep your watch looking its best, we would recommend removing your watch when it may come into contact with water, perfumes and body creams.
• Avoid exposure to extreme temperatures as this may adversely affect the time keeping of your watch and potentially damage sensitive components.
We recommend that watch batteries should be changed every 2-3 years by a professional watch repairer.
You can return your watch to Londonetti for battery replacement. Please contact us at email@example.com or call us on
+44 1691 679994 if you wish to do so.
Watch battery replacement can be performed by a service provider other than a Londonetti service centre without voiding your warranty, providing such replacement is (i) performed by an experienced and legitimate service centre, (ii) is not performed in a negligent manner, and (iii) is reassembled properly, including without limitation, replacement of gasket or L ring if necessary to achieve suitable water resistance. Londonetti has the right to determine, at its sole and absolute discretion, if any such third-party battery replacement voids your warranty.
Please ensure you check the water resistance of your watch before bringing it in contact with water.
• Water resistance is not a permanent feature of any watch. Water resistance is only 100% effective at the time of successful testing as many factors impact prolonged resistance to water.
• Water resistance relates to the water pressure acting on the watch when it is static in water.
• Exposure to light rain and high humidity is acceptable but avoid wearing your watch whilst showering, swimming, diving or during any activity at risk of water or abnormal heat exposure, as this combined effect may be detrimental to the watch seals.
• Over the course of time, the gaskets of the case and crown may become worn and may reduce the water resistance of your watch.
• Please ensure that the crown is fully pushed in towards the case before exposure to water, and are not operated when in contact with water.
• Slight shocks applied to the crown or rapid temperature changes can damage the seals and impair the water resistance.
• Fogging of glass may not necessarily indicate the entry of moisture, it can also be caused by extreme temperature changes. If this occurs, it is highly recommended to contact a specialist or our service centre.
• The water resistance category refers to the watch case only. Exposure to water can damage certain strap materials - do not get suede, nubuck or leather straps wet.
Our watches have a 2 year guarantee against defects in materials & workmanship.
This guarantee does not cover discolouration or wear resulting from normal usage, such as; damage to the lens (including breakage or chipping), strap, clasp or case - and parts thereof - from improper use, accidents or lack of care; water penetration through misuse; battery replacement; accidental damage or damage occurring from the attempted repair by an inexperienced or negligent third-party service provider.
If your watch has a defect within the warranty period we will, at our discretion and without cost to you, complete the necessary replacement of parts and/or rectify a fault or action any repair as identified by one of our fully trained watch technicians, or replace the watch for the same or on a like for like basis.
All other rights resulting from the fault of our services are expressly excluded. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights, which vary from country to country. In the UK nothing in this warranty will affect your statutory rights.
Service and Repair
We're passionate about lasting quality and design, but, in the unlikely event that you require advice on a damaged or defective watch please please visit one of the following pages Warranty Repairs or Out of Warranty Repairs. Alternatively you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can arrange for the return of your watch to our dedicated in-house service centre where it will be looked at by our fully trained watch technicians.
UK Service Centre
Londonetti Watch Repair Centre, Factory 3, Glovers Meadow, Maesbury Industrial Estate, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY10 8NH.